Passover Mandel Bread
Makes: 24 slices. Prep: 10 minutes. Bake: at 350 degrees for 57 to 60 minutes.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups matzoh cake meal
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped or sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon mixed with
- 2 teaspoons sugar
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift together matzoh cake meal and potato starch. Stir into the sugar-margarine mixture until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and almonds.
4. Form into 2 loaves, each about 2 inches wide, on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove loaves from oven and cool slightly. Slice into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place slices on baking sheet and return to oven for 12 to 15 minutes more until slightly crisp and lightly browned. Cool slices and serve.