Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck steak, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 14 ounce package white mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups cooked egg noodles (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
1. Combine beef, mushrooms, onions, tomato paste, broth, wine and 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce in slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6 hours or until beef is tender.
2. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, cornstarch and black pepper; whisk into slow cooker bowl and cook an additional 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Serve over egg noodles and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.