Ground beef and vegetables are tossed in a peanut sauce and served in lettuce wraps for this fun and fresh meal.
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Boston lettuce leaves
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine broth, peanut butter, and cornstarch. Shake to blend well; set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and add ginger and garlic. Cook 30 seconds, then add beef and brown, breaking up with a spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Shake sauce again, then pour into skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in carrots, green onion, and soy sauce. Serve wrapped in lettuce leaves, garnished with peanuts and cilantro, if desired.