Combine Greek seasoning with carrots and feta cheese to give traditional meatloaf a makeover. Serve this recipe with oven fries if you wish.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Spray a 13 X 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, soaked bread crumbs, crumbled feta, eggs, onion, carrot, Greek seasoning, salt and pepper. Form into a loaf, approximately 9 x 5 inches, and place in the prepared baking pan.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour or until internal temperature registers 150 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
4. Allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with oven fries, if desired. Recipe follows.Oven Fries:
5. Cut 2 pounds of baking potatoes lengthwise into 8 wedges each. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon dried Greek seasoning or oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until fork tender.