Corned Beef and Cabbage
Although it's most popular around St. Patrick's Day, this recipe is delicious year-round. Simply combine corned beef and vegetables in a slow cooker to create this hearty one-dish meal.
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved
- 1 lean center-cut corned beef brisket (about 2 pounds)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound new potatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound boiling onions, peeled
- 1 small head cabbage, outer leaves removed, cut into 6 wedges
1. Stick cloves in onion. Place onion and beef in slow cooker and add enough water to cover ingredients plus 3 more inches. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
2. Add carrots, potatoes, onions and cabbage to slow cooker and cook an additional 3 hours.
3. Remove corned beef from slow cooker and slice. Place on large platter with vegetables. Drizzle with the broth to moisten and serve.