Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 7 hours
- 2 pounds round steak, cut against the grain into 3/4-inch slices
- 3 large red or green peppers, trimmed, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 large onions, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 3 cups cooked white rice (prepared from 1 cup raw)
1. Coat a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add steak; top with peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic.
2. In a small bowl, whisk beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and sugar. Pour over beef and vegetables. Sprinkle bamboo shoots over the top.
3. Cook 4 hours on high or 7 hours on low. Serve with cooked white rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 415, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 86, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 49, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 41, sodium (mg): 851, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.