Black Bean Risotto Cakes
These yummy bean and risotto cakes are served with a fragrant, citrusy sauce for a super side dish recipe.
- 3 cups warm risotto from Corn and Shrimp Risotto (see www,familycricle.com)
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded taco cheese blend
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 container (6 ounces) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Make ItRisotto Cakes:
1. Blend warm risotto, beans, cheese, scallions, cilantro, cumin and cayenne in a large bowl. Fold in egg; cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Heat oven to 450 degree F. Prepare a large nonstick baking sheet, or a baking sheet lined with nonstick foil. Scoop out mixture, using a slightly heaping 1/3-cupful. Gently shape into circle on prepared sheet. Repeat for a total of 12 cakes. Bake at 450 degree F for 25 minutes, until crisp. Serve with Yogurt-Cilantro sauce and salad.Yogurt-Cilantro Sauce:
3. Blend yogurt, cilantro, lime zest and juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.