Bean and Cheese Enchiladas
When you know you can have something this good on the table in less than 30 minutes, it's easy to skip the fast-food routine.
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded pepper-Jack cheese (10 ounces)
- 1 can (10 ounces) hot enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) mild enchilada sauce
- 8 6 1/2 inches fajita-size flour tortillas
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375 F. In large bowl, mix beans, chile peppers, corn, chili powder, salt and cumin. Slightly mash beans; stir to combine. Add 1 cup cheese.
2. In medium-size bowl, stir together two cans enchilada sauce. Stir 1 cup of the enchilada sauce into bean mixture.
3. Spread 1/4 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce in 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Brush one side of a tortilla with enchilada sauce. Spoon 1/4 cup of the bean mixture in center on sauced side; roll up. Place enchilada in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and bean mixture. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top to cover. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
4. Bake at 375 F for 15 minutes. If desired, garnish with cilantro.