Apple and Hazelnut Bircher Muesli
Oats, bran, and apple are all low-GI foods, meaning this is a great way to fuel your body through a busy morning. The flaxseed adds a boost of non-fish omega-3 oils, as well as valuable fiber.
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup bran cereal, such as All-Bran
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons coarsly chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2/3 cup whole milk, plus extra for serving (optional)
- 1/2 apple, peeled and grated
1. Measure all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Stir together, then refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving with extra milk, if using.