- 1 cup short-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup carrot juice (or use diluted baby food carrots)
- 1 green pepper, cut into pieces to resemble pumpkin stems
- 1 cantaloupe, made into balls with a melon baller
- green candied cherries, cut into pieces to resemble a pumpkin stem
- cheese rounds (we used Laughing Cow Baby Bell)
- string beans, cut into pieces to resemble pumpkin stems
Make ItRice Pumpkins
1. Cook 1 cup short-grain white rice according to package directions, substituting 1/4 cup of the required water with carrot juice (or diluted baby-food carrots).
2. Let rice cool, then shape into 16 balls. (Wet your hands first to prevent sticking.) Push green pepper pieces in tops for stems.Melon Pumpkins (on plate):
3. Push a small piece of green candied cherry into cantaloupe balls.Cheese Pumpkins:
4. Unwrap a small round of cheese. Make a slit in the top with a knife and insert a piece of string bean as the stem.