Peanut Dipping Sauce
Makes: 12 cup. prep: 5 minutes. Cook: about 5 minutes.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 2 limes
1. In a small saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute, or until lightly golden brown. Add pepper flakes and saute for a few seconds.
2. Stir in hoisin sauce, peanut butter and water, and reduce the heat to medium-low so the sauce simmers gently. Add lime juice and simmer, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
3. Let the sauce cool to room temperature.