- February 10, 2010
- Toys & Games
- Tiny Love Inc. and the Maya Group Inc.
- The Danger:
- The wind chime toy can be pulled apart exposing sharp metal rods, posing puncture and laceration hazards to the baby.
- This recall involves about 600,000 wind chime toys sold separately, with the Gymini Kick & Play Activity Gym and Tiny Smarts Gift Sets (plus an additional 200,000 in Canada). The toy produces the sound of a wind chime. "Tiny Love" is printed on a tag on the toy. The following names and item numbers are included in this recall: Baby Wind Chime (item # # 493); Baby Wind Chime-Ocean (item #593); Tiny Smarts - Baby Bunny (#512); Wind Chime - Duck (#811): note that the Wind Chime - Duck is sold with the Gymini Kick and Play Activity Gym and only the Wind Chime is affected by this recall; Wind Chime - Louie (#516); Wind Chime - Ella (#517); Tiny Smarts Gift Set (#539): the Bunny Wind Chime is the only product affected by this recall.
- Sold At:
- Toys R Us, Walmart, Target, Buy Buy Baby and TJ Maxx stores nationwide from February 2002 through February 2010 for about $8 separately, $22 for the Tiny Smarts Gift Sets and $70 with the Gymini Kick & Play Activity Gym.
- What To Do:
- Immediately take the recalled wind chimes from babies and contact Tiny Love to receive a free replacement toy. For more information, contact Tiny Love toll-free at (888) 791-8166 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit www.tinylove.com
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.