- May 5, 2011
- Toys & Games
- G.A. Gertmenian and Sons, LLC
- The Danger:
- The red paint used on some bowling pins has been measured to be in excess of the maximum allowable level of 90 ppm, a violation of the federal lead paint standard.
- This recall involves about 600 bowling games. It affects Toy Story 3 Bowling Game Rugs with a batch marking of JA 148. The recalled item contains six white plastic bowling pins with two red stripes painted on the necks, one black plastic ball, and a 68 inch x 26 inch nylon game rug with a print of the character Buzz Lightyear on the front. The batch marking JA 148 appears on the bottom front of the packaging just above the bar code, and is also located on the tag attached to the rug.
- Sold At:
- Walmart Stores in the U.S. between September 1, 2010 and September 25, 2010 for about $18
- What To Do:
- Stop using the game and call G.A. Gertmenian and Sons toll-free at 888-224-4181 between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm PT Monday through Friday or email Gertmenian@Gertmenian.com to receive a free replacement set.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.