- May 17, 2010
- Toys & Games
- Henry Gordy International Inc.
- The Danger:
- If a child places the soft, pliable plastic toy dart in his/her mouth, the toy can be inhaled into the throat and prevent the child from breathing.
- This recall involves about 1.8 million "Auto Fire" toy target sets sold with either an orange and yellow toy gun (item #P238) or a blue and yellow toy gun (item #9328), eight orange darts, and a small target with numbers from 1 to 20. The gun's item number is located on one side of the handle in raised lettering. The soft plastic darts measure just over one inch in length and have a small suction cup at one end with a diameter of about 1/2 inch. The target board is black, yellow, red and green, and measures five inches in diameter. "Gordy Toy" for "Ages 8+" is printed on the packaging.
- Sold At:
- Family Dollar stores nationwide from September 2005 through January 2009 for about $1.50.
- What To Do:
- Immediately take the toy target sets away from children and discard them or return the guns and darts to a Family Dollar store for a full refund. For more information, contact Family Dollar at (800) 547-0359 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit www.familydollar.com
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.