- June 13, 2007
- Toys & Games
- The Danger:
- Paint on the recalled toys contains lead.
- The recall involves about 1.5 million wooden vehicles, buildings, and other train set components for young children listed in the chart below. The front of the packaging has the logo "Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway" on the upper left-hand corner. A manufacturing code may be located on the bottom of the product or inside the battery cover. Toys marked with codes containing "WJ" or "AZ" are not included in this recall.
- About 200,000 more Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway Toys were recalled on September 26, 2007
- Sold At:
- Toy stores and various retailers nationwide from January 2005 through June 2007 for between $10 and $70.
- What To Do:
- Take the recalled toys away from young children immediately and contact RC2 Corp. for a replacement toy. For more information, contact RC2 Corp. toll-free at (866) 725-4407 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Thursday and between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. CT Friday, or visit their Web site at recalls.rc2.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.