- May 29, 2008
- Toys & Games
- TWIE, also known as Tradewinds International Enterprises
- The Danger:
- The rechargeable battery inside the helicopter can catch fire, igniting the helicopter and nearby combustible materials and posing a burn or fire hazard.
- The recall involves about 152,000 Sky Champion wireless indoor helicopters. The toys come with a transmitter that controls and recharges the helicopter. The helicopter is made of foam and plastic and measures about 7 inches by 3 inches. The transmitter measures about 6 inches by 4 inches. "BH26047" is printed on the tail of the helicopter. "WIC 551777" and the UPC code 630990006005 are printed on the packaging.
- Sold At:
- Walgreens stores nationwide from June 2007 through November 2007 for about $20.
- What To Do:
- Stop playing with the recalled helicopters immediately and contact TWIE for a full refund. Returns will be accepted by TWIE. Walgreens will not accept returns or provide a refund. For additional information, contact TWIE toll free at (888) 583-4908 anytime or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.