When two or more magnets are swallowed, they can link together inside a child's intestines and clamp onto body tissues, causing intestinal obstructions, perforations, sepsis and death. Internal injury from magnets can pose serious lifelong health effects. No incidents or injuries have been reported to SCS Direct. CPSC has received 80 reports of incidents involving ingestion of other high powered magnets, resulting in 79 reports seeking medical intervention.
This recall involves about 106,000 Magnet Balls The Original and Rainbow Bright interactive magnet sets sold in a cylindrical silver tin. Each puzzle set contains 216 spherical high-powered magnets that are 5mm in diameter. The magnets were sold in silver and multi-color sets.
Amazon.com from August 2010 through May 2012 for about $20.
What To Do:
Immediately stop using the recalled magnets and contact SCS Direct for instructions on returning the product for a $20 store credit.
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.
Save BIG on a FULL YEAR OF FUN with FamilyFun® Magazine for just $12! Every issue is all about family-friendly recipes, extraordinary activities, hands-on crafts, kid-approved vacations – we have it all, for just $12! But HURRY – this offer won't last!(U.S. orders only)