- May 12, 2010
- Toys & Games
- Imagine Nation Books Ltd./Books Are Fun
- The Danger:
- The rechargeable battery inside the helicopters can overheat, igniting the helicopter and posing fire and burn hazards.
- This recall involves about 46,000 "Fly Dragonfly" (also called "Queen Bee") remote-controlled helicopters. The helicopters are black and yellow plastic, measure about 19 inches long by 6 1/2 inches high. The helicopters have a rounded front yellow cockpit with bee decals and a narrow black plastic tail assembly. They were sold with a remote-control unit and a separate charger. "Fly Dragonfly" and SKU #51727 are printed on the packaging.
- Sold At:
- Book/gift fairs held in schools, hospitals and office buildings nationwide from August 2009 through January 2010 for about $38.
- What To Do:
- Immediately stop using the recalled helicopters and contact Imagine Nation Books Ltd./Books Are Fun to receive a full refund. For more information, contact Imagine Nation Books Ltd./Books are Fun at (800) 917-0213 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. MT Monday through Friday, visit www.booksarefun.com/helicopter.php
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.