- January 15, 2009
- Toys & Games
- Simplicity Inc. and SFCA Inc.
- The Danger:
- One or more rails can collapse unexpectedly, posing a fall or entrapment hazard to young children.
- This recall involves about 200,000 portable play yards that were sold with bassinet, changing table, and mobile features. The products have a rainforest-patterned fabric and rainforest-theme artwork, and bear the "Fisher-Price" logo. The Simplicity Inc. model numbers are 5310RNF, 5310RNFC, and 5310RNFW. The model number is located on a sticker on one of the legs underneath the play yard.
- Sold At:
- Retailers and specialty children's stores nationwide from January 2007 through January 2009 for about $100.
- What To Do:
- Stop using the play yards immediately. Although it did not manufacture or sell the play yards, Fisher-Price has voluntarily agreed to assist consumers who own the products. Consumers who own one of the recalled play yards with the Fisher-Price logo should contact Fisher-Price to obtain assistance to replace their play yards. For more information, contact Fisher-Price at (800) 432-5437 anytime or visit http://www.service.mattel.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.