- January 18, 2006
- Toys & Games
- The Danger:
- A child can become lodged between the seatback and side table of the chair, possibly leading to an entrapment of the neck. This can pose a strangulation hazard to young children.
- This recall involves about 614,000 chairs. The Laugh & Learn Musical Learning Chair is a plastic infant toy that measures about 17 inches high. It plays music and teaches children numbers and letters. It includes a blue chair with four green plastic legs and a side table with a purple base and white top. The table holds a clock, a book, and a lamp. Smiley faces are displayed on the lamp and seat back. "Fisher-Price" is written on the front of the chair. The packaging states that the toy is intended for children 12 months through 36 months of age. The model numbers include:
- H7167 through H7173
- J0272 through J0275
- Model numbers can be found on the underside of the seat of the chair.
- Sold At:
- Discount department and toy stores nationwide from May 2005 through January 2006 for about $27.
- What To Do:
- Take the recalled musical chair away from children immediately and contact Fisher-Price to receive a free repair kit that contains a plastic piece that connects in between the seatback and side table, preventing the possibility of entrapment. For more information, contact Fisher-Price at (866) 552-3914 anytime or visit www.service.fisher-price.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.