- August 14, 2007
- Toys & Games
- The Danger:
- Small magnets inside the "scooper" accessory can come loose; if swallowed by young children, the magnets can attract each other internally and cause dangerous intestinal perforations or blockages.
- This recall involves about 683,000 Barbie and Tanner play sets with model numbers J9472 and J9560. The toys include a "scooper" accessory with a magnetic end. Recalled scoopers have a visible, silver-colored, disc-shaped magnet on the end of the scooper.
- Scoopers with a white material covering the magnet and products manufactured after January 31, 2007, are not recalled.
- Sold At:
- Toy stores and various other retailers nationwide May 2006 to August 2007 for about $16.
- What To Do:
- Immediately take the recalled toys away from children and contact Mattel to receive a free replacement toy. For more information, call Mattel toll-free at (888) 597-6597 anytime, or visit their Web site at www.service.mattel.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.