- August 26, 2010
- Toys & Games
- Lakeshore Learning Materials
- The Danger:
- The magnetic maze board's plastic wand can separate and expose a magnet that can be a choking hazard to children. Also, if a child has more than one of these toys and the magnets detach and are swallowed, the magnets can attract each other and cause intestinal perforations or blockages; these can be fatal.
- This recall involves about 18,500 wooden magnetic maze boards. Each wooden board has a clear plastic sheet that covers small wooden or plastic pieces located inside a maze. A plastic wand containing a magnet in its tip is attached to the board by a cord. The wand is used to move items inside the maze. The top of the board reads: "Who's Hiding in the Garden?," "Who's Hiding in the Ocean?," "Magnetic Counting Maze," "Magnetic Alphabet Board," or "My Community Magnetic Board."
- Sold At:
- Lakeshore Learning Materials stores nationwide, its catalogs, and online at lakeshorelearning.com from January 2009 through May 2010 singly or in sets, for between $30 and $40.
- What To Do:
- Immediately take this toy away from children and contact Lakeshore Learning Materials to receive a free replacement product. For more information, call 800-428-4414 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or visit lakeshorelearning.com
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.