- May 28, 2008
- Toys & Games
- Kids Station Toys International
- The Danger:
- The hinge cover on the toy cell phone can detach from the phone, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- The recall involves about 1 million Little Tikes brand Chit 'N Chat toy cell phones. The toys resemble flip-phone style cell phones and have 10-key numeric button pads and three buttons with pictures of animals. All of the buttons make a sound when pressed. The toy phones are multicolored and have a sticker on the back with model number KSL4010 (sold separately) or KSL8032, KSL8033, or KSL8051 (sold with other items). "Designed and Licensed by Kids Station Toys International Ltd." is printed on the back of the toy phones. Toy phones with a screw visible on the hinge cover are not subject to the recall.
- Sold At:
- Department stores, juvenile product stores, and drugstores nationwide from June 2006 through March 2008 for about $8 (individually) or about $20 (set).
- What To Do:
- Take these toy phones away from young children immediately and contact the firm for instructions on obtaining a free replacement. For additional information, contact Kids Station toll-free at (888) 620-0930 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit their Web site at www.kidsstationtoys.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.