- July 23, 2009
- Toys & Games
- LeapFrog Enterprises Inc.
- The Danger:
- The decals on the paws of the plush toy can be removed and ingested by a child, posing a choking hazard.
- This recall involves about 3,700 My Pal Scout, a green and beige electronic plush dog with plastic decals on its paws. When those decals are pushed, the dog plays songs, speaks, and barks. "Scout" is printed on the dog tag at the dog's neck. The plush dog measures about 9 inches high by 9 inches wide. "LeapFrog Ent. Item No. 19142" is printed on the white tag attached to the dog and on the toy's packaging. My Pal Scout dogs with embroidered paws are not included in this recall.
- Sold At:
- Toys "R" Us stores nationwide, and on the Web at www.toysrus.com, www.leapfrog.com and other retail Web sites from May 2009 through June 2009 for about $20.
- What To Do:
- Immediately take the toy away from young children and contact LeapFrog to receive a replacement My Pal Scout with embroidered paws rather than decals. For more information, contact LeapFrog at (800) 701-5327 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday, and on Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET, or visit www.leapfrog.com/recall.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.