- November 9, 2006
- Toys & Games
- Spin Master Toys
- The Danger:
- The power supply controller can overheat, posing a burn hazard to users.
- This recall involves about 46,200 remote-control toy helicopters. The toys helicopters are lightweight plastic and measure 7 inches from end to end. Designs are printed on the helicopter's body. The helicopter comes with a control unit and a charger and rechargeable batteries are pre-installed in the fuselage. This recall involves toys with one of the following date codes, which are located on a sticker on the bottom of the helicopter's body and on the inside of the controller's battery compartment:
- Toys currently on retail shelves or having a date code ending in 386 are not included in this recall.
- Sold At:
- National retailers from July 2006 through early November 2006 for about $100.
- What To Do:
- Stop using the recalled toy helicopters and contact Spin Master to receive a free replacement product. For more information, call Spin Master at (800) 622-8339 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit www.spinmaster.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.