- January 25, 2011
- Toys & Games
- Family Dollar Stores Inc.
- The Danger:
- The tank's controller can overheat and melt, posing a burn hazard to consumers.
- This recall involves about 67,000 the Authentic Heroes Target Practice Tank play sets. The product is a remote-controlled green toy tank attached by a cable to a grey battery-powered controller. The controller requires three AAA batteries to power the tank to move forward and backward and the tank turret to rotate and shoot projectiles. The controller is marked "Target Practice Tank Play Set."
- Sold At:
- Family Dollar stores nationwide exclusively from September 2010 through December 2010 for about $5.
- What To Do:
- Take the toy away from children, remove batteries and return the toy to a Family Dollar store for a full refund. Call Family Dollar toll-free at 800-547-0359 or visit familydollar.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.