- March 25, 2009
- Toys & Games
- W.C. Bradley/Zebco Holdings Inc., doing business as Zebco Brands
- The Danger:
- The paint on the reels of these fishing poles contains excessive levels of lead.
- This recall involves about 2,700 Zebco Advanced Youth Fishing Rod & Reel combo sets. The reels are painted orange and have the words "Zebco" and "ZAVS 10" on the reel handle. Only spinning reels are involved in this recall.
- Sold At:
- Discount department and sporting good stores nationwide from August 2007 through December 2008 for about $35.
- What To Do:
- Take the fishing poles away from children immediately and contact Zebco for information on receiving a refund. For more information, contact Zebco at (800) 588-9030 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit www.zebco.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.