- October 6, 2010
- Unique Baby Products USA LLC
- The Danger:
- The opening between the grab bar and the seat bottom of the stroller can allow an infant's body, when not harnessed, to pass through and become entrapped at the neck by the grab bar. This poses a strangulation hazard to young children.
- This recall involves about 12,000 jogging strollers. This recall involves the grab bar on Tri Mode Single and Twin strollers. "Valco Baby" is printed on the head rest and the padding on the footboard. The grab bar is optional and can be removed from the stroller. The stroller's model numbers are located on a white sticker on the left hand side of brake bar. The recalled strollers with the affected grab bars include the following model numbers: RUN6140, RUN6141, RUN6142, RUN6143, RUN6144, RUN6145, RUN6146, RUN6147, RUN7710, RUN7711, TRI8800TRI8801, TRI8802, TRI8803, TRI8890, TRI9103, TRI9104, TRI9105, TRI9106, TRI1033, TRI1034, and TRI1035.
- Sold At:
- Juvenile product stores and Web sites, including amazon.com, between November 2007 and March 2010. Strollers sold for between $480 and $700.
- What To Do:
- Immediately remove the grab bar from the stroller and contact Valco Baby to receive a free replacement grab bar. For more information, contact Valco Baby toll-free at 800-610-7850 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET, visit valcobaby.com, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.