- April 25, 2006
- Sycamore Kids
- The Danger:
- The handlebar can crack or break, causing it to detach while in use, posing a risk of injury to young children.
- This recall involves about 4,000 strollers that have a metal frame and a cloth seat with a sun canopy. The strollers were sold in a variety of colors including midnight blue, navy, red, black, silver, and orange. A metal plate above the footrest shows the Mountain Buggy logo with "Mountain Buggy," and "Urban," or "Breeze" written underneath on the metal plate.
- Mountain Buggy Urban Single strollers have item number U1204-002 and serial numbers between 000000 and 015276.
- Mountain Buggy Urban Double strollers have item number U2204-002, and serial numbers between 000000 and 009221.
- Mountain Buggy Breeze strollers have item number B1204-001, and serial numbers between 000000 and 000191.
- The serial number and model number are on the back of the metal plate.
- Sold At:
- Juvenile furniture retailers and baby product stores and Web retailers nationwide from December 2004 through September 2005 for between $400 and $640.
- What To Do:
- Contact Sycamore Kids to find an authorized repair center to receive a free replacement handlebar ratchet. For more information, contact Sycamore Kids Inc. toll-free at (866) 524-8805 anytime, e-mail email@example.com, or visit www.mountainbuggyusa.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.