- November 9, 2010
- Sporting Goods
- Rollerblade USA
- The Danger:
- The frame-mounting bolts and wheel-axle bolts can be loose on new skates. Loose wheels or frames on the skates can cause the rider to fall, posing a risk of injury.
- This recall involves about 29,000 pairs of the following models of inline skates; any skate purchased during or after September 2009 is affected.
- Spitfire, Boy's (SKU# 00705500741), Black
Spitfire, Girl's (SKU# 007056007Y8), Silver
Spitfire S, Boy's (SKU# 00705700956), Black
Spitfire S, Girl's (SKU# 007058009A7), Anthracite (Grey)
Spitfire LX, (SKU# 00705000955), Silver
Spark Pro, Men's (SKU# 00792200816), Black
Spark Pro, Women's (SKU# 007923007E2), Anthracite (Grey)
Spark 80, Men's (SKU# 00702800956), Black
Spark 80, Women's (SKU# 007029009A6), Anthracite (Grey)
- Sold At:
- Sporting goods stores nationwide and on the Internet from September 2009 through July 2010, for between $80 and $160
- What To Do:
- Immediately inspect all wheel-axle and frame-mounting bolts to ensure that they are properly tightened. Rollerblade USA recommends regular inspection and tightening of bolts. After wheel-axle and frame-mounting bolts are inspected and tightened if needed, products are acceptable for use. Video instructions on bolt tightening and maintenance are available at rollerblade.com. For more information, contact Rollerblade USA toll-free at 800-232-7655 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday through Friday, or visit rollerblade.com
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.