- August 10, 2006
- Sporting Goods
- The Danger:
- The safety warning label containing precautionary information on proper use and operation was not placed on the inflatable water board. The safety warning label should read: "Caution: This is not a life saving device. Never leave children unattended in or near water."
- This recall involves about 700 NRS Manta Surfer River Boards also sold as LLBean Body Boards.
- The NRS Manta Surfer River Board is black, red, and blue with the NRS logo printed on the top front of the board.
- The LLBean Body Board is black, yellow, and blue with the LLBean logo printed on the top front.
- The boards measure 41 inches long by 24 inches wide. Item numbers 1869 (NRS) and 41869 (LLBean) are printed on the tag sewn into the bottom seam, near the inflation valve.
- Sold At:
- NRS and LLBean catalogs nationwide from February 2006 through August 2006 for about $55.
- What To Do:
- Those affected will receive an attachable label from NRS or LLBean and should immediately affix the label to the inflatable water board as directed. For more information or a copy of the warning label, call NRS at (800) 635-5202 between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or visit nrsweb.com. If you have an LLBean board, call LLBean at (800) 555-9717 anytime, or visit llbean.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.