- May 27, 2009
- Play Yards, Gyms & Activity Centers
- The Step2 Company LLC
- The Danger:
- The triangular hangers that attach the swing's ropes to the upper rail of the play set can break, posing a fall hazard to children.
- This recall involves about 4,300 Step2 Play Up Gym play sets. The recalled outdoor play sets include a platform, climber, slide area, and two swings and have a model number of 797300. A red "Step2" logo plate is attached to the front of the play set. Play sets that have hangers with white plastic bushings are not subject to this recall.
- Sold At:
- Toys "R" Us stores nationwide from January 2009 through April 2009 for about $400.
- What To Do:
- Immediately stop using the recalled play sets and contact Step 2 to receive a set of replacement hangers and instructions. For more information, contact Step2 at (800) 347-8372 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit www.step2.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.