- October 23, 2008
- YMCA Trading
- The Danger:
- The multipurpose lighters fail to meet federal safety standards because they might not contain a child-resistant mechanism, posing a potential fire and burn hazard to young children.
- This recall involves about 24,000 lighters.
- The "Gas Match" lighters have either a multicolored red/white, blue/white, or green/white plastic body, and a silver-colored metal nozzle. Each lighter measures 10 1/2 inches long.
- The "Ready, Aim...Fire" lighters have either a solid black, blue, red, or green plastic body, and a silver-colored metal nozzle. Each lighter measures 9 inches long.
- Sold At:
- Retail stores in New York State from August 2008 through October 2008 for about $1.
- What To Do:
- Immediately stop using the recalled lighters and contact YMCA Trading to arrange for return of the lighter for a refund. For additional information, contact YMCA Trading toll-free at (866) 950-9622 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or e-mail email@example.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.