- November 23, 2010
- General Wax & Candle Company
- The Danger:
- The metallic paint can ignite on the candles, posing a risk of fire.
- This recall involves about 33,000 10 inch metallic silver and gold taper candles. The price "$1.99" and the UPC code 609032492687 or 609032492694 are printed on the candles' plastic wrapping.
- Sold At:
- Yankee Candle stores nationwide from October 2010 through November 2010 for about $2.
- What To Do:
- Immediately stop using the recalled candles and return them to any Yankee Candle store or contact General Wax and Candle for a full refund. For more information, contact General Wax and Candle at (800) 543-0642 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday, or visit www.generalwaxrefund.com
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.