- July 17, 2013
- LG Electronics (Tianjin) Appliance Co., Ltd., of Tianjin, China
- The Danger:
- The Kenmore dehumidifiers can overheat, smoke, melt and catch on fire, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers. There have been seven incident reports of shorting and fire associated with the dehumidifiers, including one incident with a severe burn to a consumer?s foot and three fires resulting in more than $300,000 of property damage.
- This recall involves Kenmore brand 35, 50 and 70 pint dehumidifiers made by LG and manufactured between 2003 and 2005. They are made of white plastic and are between 21 and 24 inches tall, about 15 inches wide and about 13.5 inches deep. They have a fan, humidity controls and a Kenmore logo on their top front panels. They come with front-loading water buckets. Some models include remote controls. The model number can be found on the right side of the interior of the unit once the bucket has been removed. Recalled units have the following model numbers: 35-pint (2004) - 580.54351400 50-pint (2003)-580.53509300 70-pint (2003)-580.53701300 70-pint (2004)-580.54701400 70-pint (2005)-580.54701500
- Sold At:
- Sears and Kmart stores nationwide and Sears.com and Kmart.com between 2003 and 2009.
- What To Do:
- Consumers should immediately turn off and unplug the dehumidifiers and contact the Recall Fulfillment Center (at 855-400-4641 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday and between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. CT Saturday). Customers will receive a Sears gift card which may be used at any Sears or Kmart store or at Sears.com or Kmart.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.