- September 9, 2010
- Kids Furniture
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
- The Danger:
- Strangulation can occur when the lifting loop slides off the side of the blind and a child's neck becomes entangled on the free-standing loop, or if a child places his/her neck between the lifting loop and the roll-up blind material.
- This recall involves about 1,800 bamboo roll-up blinds with valances. The blinds were sold in two sizes: 36"x72" and 48"x72."
- Sold At:
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores nationwide between April 2009 and December 2009. The 36"x72" blinds were sold for $25 and the 48"x72" blinds for $30.
- What To Do:
- Immediately stop using the roll-up blinds and return the product to the nearest Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores for a full refund. For more information, contact Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores toll-free at (888) 739-4120 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, email guest.services@Jo-Ann.com or visit Jo-Ann.com
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.