- January 11, 2011
- GD Midea Air Conditioning Equipment Ltd.
- The Danger:
- A component in the dehumidifier's compressor can short circuit, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
- This recall involves 30-pint and 40-pint portable dehumidifiers manufactured between November 2006 and August 2007, and during April 2008. The dehumidifiers are white with a front-loading water bucket. "GE" or "Professional Series" and digital controls are located on top of the dehumidifier. Model and serial numbers are located on the back of the dehumidifiers.
- Sold At:
- Walmart, Sam's Club, Home Depot, Menards, and other retail stores nationwide from February 2007 through June 2009 for between $140 and $180.
- What To Do:
- Stop using the recalled dehumidifiers and contact the company to determine if their product is included in the recall. Consumers with recalled dehumidifiers will return their product to an authorized service center for a free repair. Consumers should not return the recalled dehumidifiers to the place of purchase. Call the company toll-free at 877-593-8721, or visit recallverification.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.