- December 17, 2009
- American Vintage Group LLC
- The Danger:
- Strangulation can occur when a child places his or her neck between the cords of the pull cord above the breakaway device and the device fails to break away.
- This recall involves about 1,100 various sized custom Faux Wood Blinds with 2" slats in two colors (silk white and pearl). The recall only involves custom-sized Faux Wood Blinds. The pull cord with breakaway device is on the right side, while two single cords on the left side control the open/close feature of the slats. There is a label inside the head rail that states "NIENMADE China" and a second label inside the head rail with a manufacturing code beginning with the letters "MFG" followed by four numbers. A warning label on the bottom rail states, "Cords and bead chains can loop around a child's neck and STRANGLE."
- Sold At:
- Various blind dealers in Texas from April 2009 through September 2009 for about $45 to $65 per blind.
- What To Do:
- Immediately stop using these faux wood blinds and contact American Vintage to schedule an appointment for on-site repair of their blinds. For more information, contact American Vintage toll-free at (866) 831-1524 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or visit www.AmericanVintagegroup.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.