- December 2, 2010
- American Tack & Hardware Co. Inc. (AmerTac)
- The Danger:
- An electrical short circuit in the night light can cause it to overheat and smolder or melt, which can burn consumers or result in a fire.
- This recall involves about 272,000 Forever-Glo Cylinder Nite Lites that are a cylinder shaped night light with a white base and clear top that plugs into the wall. Only Model Number 71107 with a manufacturer code of SY is included in this recall. The model number and manufacturer code are printed on the back of the night light. The light measures about 4 inches in height by 1- 1/2 inches wide and is about 1 inch deep.
- Sold At:
- Hardware stores, lighting showrooms and home centers nationwide from May 2009 through September 2010, for about $5.
- What To Do:
- Stop using the recalled night lights immediately. If the units are plugged into the wall, remove the light from the wall socket. Contact the company for instructions on receiving a full refund. For more information, contact AmerTac toll-free at 800-420-7511 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit AmerTac's Web site at amertac.com or recall-center.com
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.