- May 26, 2011
- A&A Manufacturing
- The Danger:
- The recalled drain covers were incorrectly rated to handle the flow of water through the cover, posing a possible entrapment hazard to swimmers and bathers.
- If consumer's pool or spa drain covers were installed after December 19, 2008 and consumers have an in ground spa or wading (kiddie) pool or the pool has only one drain and that drain is not a channel drain, then the consumer may need to participate in the recall. A channel drain is in the shape of a long and narrow rectangle, (typically 3 or 4 inches by 30 or 31 inches or longer)-or is 24" x 24" or larger or 9" x 36" or larger-it is not affected by this recall.
- This recall involves drain covers that say PDR 10" Drain-Model #560.
- Sold At:
- Independent distributors to professional pool and spa builders and installers from December 2008 to April 2011
- What To Do:
- Consumers should immediately contact A&A toll-free at 800-851-8492 or visit aamfg.com/contact.php to receive a replacement or retrofit. For additional information contact the Drain Cover Recall Hotline toll-free at 866-478-3521 any time, or visit apsp.org/draincoverrecall.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.