- October 7, 2008
- Jewelry & Accessories
- Toys & Games
- Tween Brands
- The Danger:
- Surface coatings on these products could contain excessive levels of lead.
- This recall involves about 12,000 various products from Limited Too and Justice stores:
- Ball and heart necklaces with pink beads of varying sizes and a pink heart located in the center (sold at Limited Too retail stores).
- Portable CD players with flowers and dots available in blue and pink; pink MP3 players with purple, green, blue, yellow, and red hearts (sold through Limited Too Web site and catalog).
- Light blue MP3 players with a picture of a monkey's face on the front (sold at Justice retail stores).
- Sold At:
- Limited Too and Justice retail stores nationwide, the Limited Too catazine (catalog), and on www.limitedtoo.com from May 2007 through August 2008. The Ball and Heart Necklace sold for about $8, the Portable CD Players sold for about $25, and the MP3 Players sold for about $55.
- What To Do:
- Immediately take these recalled products away from children and return them to any Limited Too or Justice store for a full refund and a coupon for a 15 percent discount off a future purchase. For more information, call Tween Brands at (800) 934-4497 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the Web sites at www.limitedtoo.com and www.shopjustice.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.