- July 5, 2007
- Jewelry & Accessories
- Future Industries
- The Danger:
- The recalled metal jewelry sets contain high levels of lead.
- This recall involves about 20,000 jewelry sets with "Essentials for Kids" printed on the packaging.
- One set includes a necklace, bracelet, and pair of earrings made of green, blue, or pink plastic beads. The necklaces have painted metallic pendants in the shapes of shoes, girls, blackboards with "ABCD," or school buses.
- The other set includes a necklace and seven pendants, one for each day of the week. The pendants are shaped as sandals, purses, or butterflies.
- Sold At:
- Gift stores, dollar stores, and small discount stores nationwide from August 2005 through April 2007 for about $1.
- What To Do:
- Take the recalled jewelry sets away from children immediately and return them to the store for a full refund, or contact Future Industries for information on receiving a full refund. For more information, contact Future Industries at (800) 929-0006 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.