- July 10, 2008
- Jewelry & Accessories
- Books & Videos
- Parragon Books
- The Danger:
- The solder on the charm may contain high levels of lead.
- This recall involves about 500,000 ballet shoe charm necklaces. The necklace has a silver-colored chain with a silver-colored charm consisting of a pair of ballet shoes and a bow.
- The necklace was sold with a children's book called The Magical Ballet Slippers (alternatively titled Ballerina's Magical Shoes) with ISBN 1405411449, published by Parragon Books, Ltd. UPC 9781405411448 is printed on the back of the book.
- It was also sold in Spanish as Las zapatillas magicas de la bailarina (ISBN 1405448385; UPC 9781405448383), and in French as Les petits chaussons magiques (ISBN 1405449527; UPC 9781405449526).
- Sold At:
- Retail chains and independent bookstores nationwide from January 2003 through June 2008 for about $7.
- What To Do:
- Take the recalled necklaces away from children immediately and contact Parragon for instructions on how to return the necklace and receive a free children's book. For more information, contact Parragon anytime toll-free at (888) 480-2854, or visit their Web site at www.parragonrecall.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.