- January 5, 2012
- High Chairs & Boosters
- IKEA North America Services LLC
- The Danger:
- The high chair's restraint buckle can open unexpectedly, posing a fall hazard to the child. IKEA has received eight reports worldwide of restraint buckles that opened unexpectedly, including three reports of children who received minor injuries after falling from the high chair.
- This recall involves about 169,000 ANTILOP high chairs sold in red, blue or white. The plastic high chair has detachable silver-colored metal legs. High chairs included in the recall have a manufacture date between 0607 and 0911 (YYMM format) from supplier number 17389. The production date and supplier number are molded into the underside of the seat. "ANTILOP," "IKEA" and the model number are printed on a label affixed to the underside of the seat. Model numbers included in the recall are:
- ANTILOP high chair blue Model # 701.467.92
- ANTILOP high chair red Model # 501.467.93
- ANTILOP high chair white Model # 300.697.24
- Sold At:
- IKEA stores nationwide from August 2006 through January 2010 for about $20.
- What To Do:
- Immediately stop using the high chairs and contact IKEA to obtain a free replacement seat restraint. Contact the company toll-free at (866) 966-4532 or visit ikea-usa.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.