- October 9, 2012
- High Chairs & Boosters
- Graco Children's Products Inc.
- The Danger:
- The high chair's seat can loosen or detach from the base, posing a fall hazard to the child. Graco has received 58 reports of the high chairs' seats loosening or detaching from the base. There have been nine reports of children falling as the seat detached from the base, resulting in reports of bumps, bruises, and scratches. Graco has received one report of a concussion in Canada.
- This recall involves about 86,000 high chairs in the United States and 3,400 in Canada. All Graco brand Classic Wood High Chairs sold in three wood finishes are included in the recall. The high chair has a top seat, bottom leg assembly, and removable tray. The high chair is sold with a beige fabric seat cover. Model number 3C00BPN, 3C00BPN TC, 3C00CHY, 3C00CHY TC, 3C00CPO, or 3C00CPO TC is printed on a label on the underside of the seat assembly.
- Sold At:
- Babies R Us, Burlington Coat Factory, and other retail stores nationwide and at Target.com and Walmart.com and other online retailers between September 2007 and December 2010 for about $130.
- What To Do:
- Immediately stop using the recalled high chairs and contact Graco for a free repair kit. For additional information, contact Graco at (800) 345-4109 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and, or visit the firm's website at www.gracobaby.com.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.