- March 17, 2014
- Simply Natural Foods, LLC
- The Danger:
- Simply Natural Foods, LLC is voluntarily recalling its 85g (3oz) Simply Lite Dark Chocolate Bar, because FDA testing indicated that bars from certain lots contained high levels of milk protein, while the label of the product stated that it may contain traces of milk. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk protein may risk serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product. No illnesses or injury of any sort have been reported to date.
- The product is packaged in plastic foil packaging containing 85gms (3oz) of dark chocolate with the product name of "Simply Lite Dark Chocolate," with the lot numbers 01182015A and 01192015A.
- Sold At:
- Simply Lite Dark Chocolate Bars were distributed in Indiana, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, California, Washington, New York and Florida for sale to consumers in retail stores.
- What To Do:
- Return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company toll free at 1-866-923-1549.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.