- February 7, 2014
- Vitamin Cottage Natural Food Markets, Inc.
- The Danger:
- The recalled bags of dark chocolate almonds may contain dark chocolate covered peanuts which are not declared on the label. People who have an allergy to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- The recalled product lot is comprised of 1,091 six-ounce bags bearing UPC code 0-0008265007-0 and the Julian packed-on date "13-351". The dark chocolate covered peanuts are similar in color and sheen to the almonds, but the peanuts are about one-half size compared to the almonds.
- Sold At:
- Natural Grocers stores in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming
- What To Do:
- Return the product to the store for credit or refund. For more information, call customer service at (303) 986-4600, ext. 531.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.