The ready-to-eat salads and wraps may be contaminated with Escherichia coli O157:H7 bacteria (E. coli O157:H7). E. coli O157:H7 causes a diarrheal illness often with bloody stools. Although most healthy adults can recover completely within a week, some people can develop a form of kidney failure called Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS). HUS is most likely to occur in young children and the elderly. The condition can lead to serious kidney damage and even death. There have been 15 people with E. coli 0157:H7 patterns who reported consumption of ready-to-eat pre-packaged salads prior to illness onset.
The recall includes about 181,620 pounds of ready-to-eat salads and sandwich wrap products with fully-cooked chicken and ham. The products were produced between Sept. 23 and Nov. 6, 2013 and shipped to distributions centers intended for retail sale in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.
The affected products include:
- 12 oz. packages of "delish pan pacific chop salad"
- 13.4 oz. packages of "delish California style grilled chicken salad"
- 9.9 oz. packages of "delish uncured applewood smoked ham & cheese wrap"
- 10.5 oz. packages of "delish grilled chicken caesar wrap"
- 10.9 oz. packages of "delish southwestern chicken wrap"
- 11.5 oz. packages of "delish greek brand low-calorie grilled chicken wrap"
- 9.9 oz. packages of "delish white chicken club wrap"
- 11.2 oz. packages of "delish asian style chicken wrap"
- 13.4 oz. packages of "atherstone Fine Foods Southwestern Style White Chicken Wrap with Chimichurri Sauce"
- 10.5 oz. packages of "atherstone Fine Foods Asian Style White Chicken Wrap with Mango Vinaigrette"
- 9.9 oz. packages of "atherstone Fine Foods Grilled White Chicken Caesar Wrap with Caesar Dressing"
- 10.7 oz. packages of "super fresh Foods California Grilled Chicken Salad, Low Fat Mendocino Mustard Dressing"
- 10.7 oz. packages of "Lunch Spot Southwestern Style Chicken Wrap, Chile & Lime Dressing"
- 9.2 oz. packages of "super fresh Foods Pan Pacific Chopped Chicken Salad, Ginger Soy Dressing"
- 10.7 oz. plastic containers of "TRADER JOE'S Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken."
- 11 oz. plastic containers of "TRADER JOSÉ'S MEXICALI SALAD with Chili Lime Chicken."
Stores in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.
What To Do:
Destroy the affected products. For more information, call Tom Atherstone, Green Onion Catering president, at (510) 236-8905.
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.
Save BIG on a FULL YEAR OF FUN with FamilyFun® Magazine for just $12! Every issue is all about family-friendly recipes, extraordinary activities, hands-on crafts, kid-approved vacations – we have it all, for just $12! But HURRY – this offer won't last!(U.S. orders only)