- March 6, 2013
- Bumble Bee Foods, LLC
- The Danger:
- The recall has been issued because the products do not meet the company's standards for seal tightness. Loose seals or seams could result in product contamination by spoilage organisms or pathogens and lead to illness if consumed. There have been no reports to date of any illness associated with these products.
- These products were distributed for retail sale nationwide between January 17, 2013 and March 6, 2013. Bumble Bee initially announced the voluntary recall on Wednesday, March 6 after identifying an issue on a manufacturing line, which has been corrected. The company's final assessment of all products affected with the recall include the following products:
1. Brunswick Brand 5oz Chunk Light Tuna in Water: 48 Count Case (Case UPC 6661332803)
2. Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk Light Tuna in Water: 24 Count Case (Case UPC 8660000990)
3. Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk Light Tuna in Water: 48 Count Case (Case UPC 8660000020)
4. Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk Light Tuna in Vegetable Oil: 48 Count Case (Case UPC 8660000021)
5. Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk White Albacore in Water: 24 Count Case (Case UPC 8660000025)
6. Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk Light Tuna in Water: 6 Count Case of 4-Pack Cluster (Case UPC 8660000736)
7. Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk White Albacore in Water: 6 Count Case of 8-Pack Cluster (Case UPC 8660000775)
8. Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk White Albacore in Water: 6 Count Case of 8-Pack Cluster (Case UPCS 8660000776)
- Click to see the expanded list of the Can Label UPC, Can Lot Code, and Can Best Buy Code for each of the products involved in the recall
- What To Do:
- Discard the product by disposing it in the garbage. For any questions concerning this voluntary recall or reimbursement, contact Bumble Bee Consumer Affairs at (800) 800-8572.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.