- March 5, 2014
- House of Flavors Ice Cream Company
- The Danger:
- House of Flavors Ice Cream Company is recalling its Belmont Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream because its ingredients may include an undeclared nut allergen. Consumers who may have an allergy or severe sensitivity to nuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product. The recall was initiated after receiving two complaints of chocolate covered nuts found in the product and included associated allergic reaction from consumers allergic to nuts.
- Only Belmont Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream packed in 1.5 quart containers stamped with UPC code 4149816310 and date code 13340 and 13341 and marked "Best by Date: Dec. 7, 2014" are affected by the recall. No other Aldi products or are any other Belmont Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream or other Belmont Ice Cream products are affected by the recall.
- Sold At:
- Aldi stores in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio.
- What To Do:
- Return recalled ice cream to the store where they were purchased for a full refund. Anyone requiring more information should contact House of Flavors consumer affairs at 1-800-930-7740, extension 2229.
- For More Information:
The Biggest Product Recalls
Product Safety Advice
Our product recalls database includes information and content from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other sources. Our database is not comprehensive. For more complete information concerning recalls, visit www.cpsc.gov or, for car seats, www.safercar.gov.